share your gifts
Submit your work
"Sea and Sky"
Sunday, May 21- Sunday, July 9
It is almost overwhelming to contemplate the sea and the sky – the vastness, the magic and the
mystery, the power and yet the peace. Vast galaxies stretch beyond our comprehension as do
the bodies of water that cover the earth. From the winds to the waves, from the constellations to
the coral, from the birds to the fish, we cannot help but be moved by all that God has created in
the heavens and in the water.
These God-given bodies touch each of us differently. How do you express through your art your
personal relationship with the sea or the sky? You are invited to convey through your art what
“Sea and Sky” means to you by submitting your work for the next 2023 exhibit in the Charis
BEST in Show
- Exhibit Dates: May 21, 2023 - July 9, 2023
- Entry Deadline: Monday, April 24, 2023
- Response to Entrants: By Monday, May 8, 2023
- Delivery of Accepted Works: Thursday, May 18, 2023, between 10 and 11 a.m.
- Exhibit Opens to the Public: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Current Gallery Hours: Sunday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (subject to change.)
- End of Show: Sunday, July 9, 2023
- Pick Up Work: Monday, July 10, 2023, 10-11 a.m.
- You may submit up to three entries.
- Prints or giclées are not acceptable entries.
- Work(s) submitted must reflect the theme of the show.
- Any medium will be considered.
- Hanging work must be no more than 3″ deep, the maximum size of 48″ in any direction, including frame.
- Free-standing works must be no more than 14.5″ wide x 13″ deep by 27″ high for glass encasement.
- All accepted hanging pieces must have (1) hanging hardware and wire installed and (2) a set of screw eyes installed on the back of the frame, 2″ from the top on both sides to facilitate proper presentation. A label with the artist's name, phone number, the title of work, medium, dimensions, and price must be attached to the back of accepted works.
- Gallery-wrapped canvas must not show staples.
- Metal frames are acceptable.
- Substitutions are not allowed for accepted work.
- Art must remain until the show ends on Sunday, July 9, 2023.
- Works that are sold will be labeled as such.
For questions contact Ann Moore, email@example.com or call 770.261.1719