share your gifts
Submit your work
November 20, 2022 - January 8, 2023
"Let there be light."
Dawn- the sun's promise of a new day.
This little light of mine...
Strings of streetlights, even stop lights...
Jesus is the light of the world.
Fireplace embers, a centerpiece of candlesticks, a campfire, the fire under a pot of simmering soup, the romance of candlelight. There is something about light that evokes comfort, warmth, and contentment. And light has special significance during the Advent season. The candles in the Advent wreath symbolize hope, love, joy, and peace.
The thought of light has a special resonance within each of us. How does light resonate with you? You are invited to convey through your art what "Light" means to you by submitting your work for the upcoming Advent exhibit in the Charis Gallery.
We look forward to seeing your interpretation of Light.
- Exhibit Dates: November 20, 2022-January 8, 2023
- Entry Deadline: Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Response to Entrants: By Thursday, October 27, 2022
- Delivery of Accepted Works: Thursday, November 17, 2022, between 10 and 11 a.m.
- Exhibit Opens to the Public: Sunday, November 20, 2022
- Current Gallery Hours: Sunday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (subject to change.)
- End of Show: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Pick Up Work: Monday, January 9, 2023, 10-11 a.m.
- You may submit up to three entries.
- Prints or giclées are not acceptable entries.
- Work(s) submitted must reflect the theme of the show.
- Any medium will be considered.
- Hanging work must be no more than 3″ deep, the maximum size of 48″ in any direction, including frame.
- Free-standing works must be no more than 14.5″ wide x 13″ deep by 27″ high for glass encasement.
- All accepted hanging pieces must have (1) hanging hardware and wire installed and (2) a set of screw eyes installed on the back of the frame, 2″ from the top on both sides to facilitate proper presentation. A label with the artist's name, phone number, the title of work, medium, dimensions, and price must be attached to the back of accepted works.
- Gallery-wrapped canvas must not show staples.
- Metal frames are acceptable.
- Substitutions are not allowed for accepted work.
- Art must remain until the show ends on Sunday, January 8, 2023.
- Works that are sold will be labeled as such.
For questions contact Ann Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770.261.1719