OPEN JOBS AT ROSWELL UMC
We would love to have you as part of our family!
To see a full job description of each position,
please click the job title on the left-hand side.
Non-Exempt, part-time, hourly position (approximately 15-20 hours per week)
General Description: Responsible for directing a children’s music and worship arts program. Conducts regularly scheduled rehearsals and directs the choir during worship services and special presentations. Recruits choir members and coordinates choir music with the other members of the Children’s Worship Arts ministry. This includes enlisting, training, and coordinating the volunteer leadership of the Children’s Music and Worship Arts Ministry and organizing the summer Music Day Camp. Be an integral part of the Worship Arts Ministry and embrace the mission of RUMC.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- To enlist, train, and coordinate the volunteer leadership of the Children’s Music and Worship Arts Ministry. This includes meeting with individual volunteers and with groups of leaders to offer seasonal training opportunities, as well as weekly or monthly planning and training meetings.
- To enlist children and their families in the Children’s Music and Worship Arts Ministry. This involves communication with the church membership and local community through various media to inform them about opportunities for their children within the Children’s Music and Worship Arts Ministry.
- To gather materials, curriculum, and music to be used in the weekly program of the children’s choirs. This includes seeking materials and music from a number of sources, evaluating these materials as to their age-appropriateness and their style of presentation, and determining their usefulness in the total program of children’s music and worship arts at RUMC.
- To determine short-term as well as long-range goals for the Children’s Music and Worship Arts Ministry in the areas of spiritual growth, growth in musical skills and knowledge, and growth in the understanding and practice of the Christian faith. It also includes planning for long-term projects such as concerts, participation in worship, choir retreats and tours, and involvement in community events and outreach.
- Planning and preparation for the summer Music Day Camp. This includes enlistment and training of volunteers, enlistment of children and their families, selection of music and teaching materials, and carrying out the process of creating a week-long learning event for the children that will provide experiences in musical skills (instrumental, vocal, physical/movement, etc.) and spiritual understandings in an atmosphere of fun and “whole-child” involvement.
- Supporting volunteers in all areas of the Children’s Music and Worship Arts Ministry. This involves helping with leadership and teaching/methods questions, and handling concerns of parents, or with help in classroom management and behavioral issues.
- Cooperating with Children’s Ministry in training leaders and offering music materials to aid in their work with the children of RUMC. This includes participation with music offered during VBS (helping to enlist and train volunteers to lead in musical experiences); giving guidance and offering materials and training so that music can be a viable component in the children’s Sunday School classes, and being available as a resource person.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills, or working conditions associated with this job. It is, however, intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job responsibilities. Please specify job and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.