share your gifts
Submit your work
We invite you to be a part of our next exhibit in Charis Gallery, “Ancestry,” opening on Sunday, December 6, 2020*. Deadline for entries is Thursday, Nov. 5. Use the form below to submit your work. (If you prefer, you may submit via hard copy by downloading the PDF HERE.)
By its definition, “ancestry” naturally brings about thoughts of the past and of family. One might think of a great grandfather’s home in a foreign land or of a specific work or accomplishment of an ancestor. Someone else might think of a spiritual ancestor like Abraham. And still another might envision the intricate beauty of a “twisted rainbow” - a DNA strand. We look forward to seeing what you envision.
*This opening date target is based on recent case-counts published by the CDC. If this number begins to rise and we feel it is not safe, we will postpone the opening.
- Exhibit Dates: December 6, 2020 – January 31, 2021
- Entry Deadline: Thursday, November 5, 2020
- Response to Entrants: By Thursday, November 19, 2020
- Delivery of Accepted Works: Thursday, December 3, 2020 10 am – 12 noon
- Exhibit Opens to the Public: Sunday, December 6, 2020
- Current gallery hours Sunday, 9 am – 1 pm (subject to change)
- End of Show: Sunday, January 31, 2021
- Pick Up Work: Monday, February 1, 2021, 10am – 12 noon
- You may submit up to three entries.
- Your work (originals only) must have been completed within the last three years.
- Prints or giclées are not acceptable entries.
- Work(s) submitted must reflect the theme of the show.
- Any medium will be considered.
- Hanging work must be no more than 3″ deep, maximum size of 48″ in any direction, including frame.
- Free-standing works must be no more than 14.5″ wide x 13″ deep by 27″ high for glass encasement.
- All accepted hanging pieces must have (1) hanging hardware and wire installed and (2) a set of screw eyes installed on the back of frame, 2″ from the top on both sides to facilitate proper presentation.
- Gallery-wrapped canvas must not show staples.
- Metal frames are acceptable.
- Substitutions are not allowed for accepted work.
- Art must remain until the show ends on January 12, 2020.
- Works that are sold will be labeled as such.