share your gifts
Submit your work
"Hand in Hand"
February 12, 2023 - April 16, 2023
Touch signals safety and trust; it soothes. We have all experienced its power of care and concern. And this power, when hand in hand with another, sends a strong message appropriate for the circumstance. If something is being given, it will be received. Does the grasp signal to wait or to move? If we have fallen to failure, we will be helped to rise. Grief begins to turn when compassion is experienced. A kind hand can help us to surrender that which is painful or frustrating, and it can confirm that we are loved.
We have all experienced a hand in our hand at some time in our lives. What is your vision for this intimate experience between two people? You are invited to convey through your art what “Hand in Hand” means to you by submitting your work for the first 2023 exhibit in the Charis Gallery.
We look forward to seeing your interpretation of Hand in Hand.
- Exhibit Dates: February 12, 2023 - April 16, 2023
- Entry Deadline: Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Response to Entrants: By Thursday, January 26, 2023
- Delivery of Accepted Works: Thursday, February 9, 2023, between 10 and 11 a.m.
- Exhibit Opens to the Public: Sunday, February 12, 2023
- Current Gallery Hours: Sunday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (subject to change.)
- End of Show: Sunday, April 16, 2023
- Pick Up Work: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10-11 a.m.
- You may submit up to three entries.
- Prints or giclées are not acceptable entries.
- Work(s) submitted must reflect the theme of the show.
- Any medium will be considered.
- Hanging work must be no more than 3″ deep, the maximum size of 48″ in any direction, including frame.
- Free-standing works must be no more than 14.5″ wide x 13″ deep by 27″ high for glass encasement.
- All accepted hanging pieces must have (1) hanging hardware and wire installed and (2) a set of screw eyes installed on the back of the frame, 2″ from the top on both sides to facilitate proper presentation. A label with the artist's name, phone number, the title of work, medium, dimensions, and price must be attached to the back of accepted works.
- Gallery-wrapped canvas must not show staples.
- Metal frames are acceptable.
- Substitutions are not allowed for accepted work.
- Art must remain until the show ends on Sunday, April 16, 2023.
- Works that are sold will be labeled as such.
For questions contact Ann Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770.261.1719