Our afternoon programs kick off the agenda with bonus workshops to choose from that provide in-depth information, tools, and resources on a plethora of topics. Then stay for our Orientation class, Dinner and then our Keynote Speaker to motivate and inspire you for the right activities in your job search.
RUMC Job Networking is a member of the Crossroads Career Network. Go to www.crossroadscareer.org to learn the six steps to your next job. Attend our next meeting to get your free membership to this site.
Next Meeting: Monday, June 10th
(We meet every 2nd and 4th Monday but are closed on Memorial Day, May 27th)
11:30 - 1:30 pm Movie and TV Casting Call
12:30 - 5:10 pm - Afternoon Workshops
(see listing below)
5:00 - 7:55 pm - Attire to Hire Clothing
5:15 - 5:45 pm-First Time Guest Orientation
5:45 - 7:00 pm - Dinner Program
7:00 - 7:55 pm - Evening Workshops
(see listing below)
7:00 - 7:55 pm - God's Talking...Bible Study for Your Job Search
7:55 - 9:00 pm - "Mini" Job Fair with hundreds of job openings
BONUS Afternoon Workshops!
No RSVP is necessary. You may select more than one, time permitting.
- 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. "How to Change Negatives to Positives During Your Job Search" led by
Dr. Phil Sidwell, Room B234-236
- 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Rated #1 for First-Timers. Crossroads Career Workshop. Crash Course. Craig Simons / Chris Gilliam. Donation of $5 for materials accepted. Dining Room.
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. "Boomers' Career Survival Strategies" Overcome Being Called Overqualified, Ken Tanner, Room B123-125
- 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. “Discover Your Competitive Edge." Reed Harvey, Room B126-128
- 3:00 - 5:10 p.m. "The Art of Buying the Right Business," Bill Williams, Room B229
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. "Network for Life: The Real Network." Bruce Dreyfus. Room B131
- 4:00 - 5:10 p.m. "Network Your Way to the Top." Steve Beecham. Room B234-236
- 4:00 - 5:10 p.m. "Get Noticed Thru All the Noise!" Bruce Dreyfus, Room B131
4:15 - 5:10 p.m. "Why Should I Hire You?"
Hal Coleman, Room B126-128
5:00 - 7:55 p.m. - "Attire to Hire" Clothing
5:15 - 5:45 p.m. - First Time Guest Orientation
5:45 - 7:00 p.m. – Dinner Program
No RSVP Required. Free dinner but $3 donation accepted. Please arrive on time as our speaker will begin at 6:00 p.m.
7:00 - 7:55 pm -Evening Workshops
Industry Guide Program - Volunteer Connect
Job Search Strategies
Resume One-on-One Review
Introduction to LinkedIn
LinkedIn One-on-One Review
Finding and Applying for Federal Jobs
Government Funded Training Opportunities
IT Answer Man for Your PC Issues
Finding the Hidden Jobs
Small Group Networking
One-on-One Chapel Time with Prayer Leaders Accountability Small Groups for 21-29 year olds, Veterans, Entrepreneur's and Industry wide group called RUMC.
7:00 - 7:55 p.m. – New! God's Talking Bible Study. Bible Study for your Job Search
7:55 - 9:00 pm – "Mini" Job Fair is back!
Attire to Hire
RUMC Job Networking offers a unique service for our jobseekers.