Info & Updates
RUMC's Response to COvID-19
RUMC remains vigilant and flexible in our efforts to keep this place of community and faith safe and well during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check this page regularly to keep up-to-date with changes and updates to our services, events, and programs.
In-person worship services and Sunday School information
Our service times are:
- 9 a.m. - Contemporary
- 10 a.m. - Adult Sunday School
- 11:15 a.m. - Traditional & Chapel Roswell
In accordance with Fulton County Schools' updated guidelines and because of the decline in numbers of COVID-19 positive cases in Fulton County and the city of Roswell, RUMC will return to a mask optional status for children and youth beginning November 1, 2021. We will continue to monitor rates and reported cases in our various classes and groups. If any class or group experiences an increase in COVID-19 positive cases, that class or group may move to a mask-required status.
Masks and social distancing measures are no longer required inside or outside of RUMC buildings for those who are fully vaccinated.
Roswell Kids is beginning its phased re-opening! We are currently offering childcare and fun for our youngest members (2 years and under) from 8:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. in the Sanctuary building and from 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. in the Chapel building. For more information, reach out to Danna Coffey, Interim Nursery Director.
If in-person attendance is not right for you at this time, we will continue to stream our services online and on demand.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
“You acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you and your family may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while gathering on or off the Roswell United Methodist Church (RUMC) campus, or prior to coming to the RUMC campus yet are asymptomatic. You also acknowledge that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of your Minor child, yourself and/or others, including, but not limited to, RUMC employees, contractors, volunteers, members, and other participants and their families. You agree to assume all the foregoing risks, waive liability against RUMC and any other listed parties, and accept sole responsibility for any illness, injury, or disability to you or your family, including all claims that may arise resulting from any of these.”
- Many Sunday School classes, small groups, and book studies are meeting via Zoom. Visit the Adult discipleship page for a complete list of current offerings.
Roswell Student Ministry
If you or someone you know is struggling during these difficult times, please contact our SERVE team. We will do our best to assist our congregation and our community with practical and spiritual support however we can.
- The RUMC kitchen is offering $5.00 fresh and frozen meals Tuesday through Thursday.
- Curbside Delivery: Drive up to the fellowship hall, honk your horn, and staff will deliver to your car.
- Please submit your prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download our Prayer Walk guide and use it in your own neighborhood or backyard!
- The Counseling Center/building C remains open.
- All 12 Step/support groups members should check for updated meeting details at rumc.com/support-groups/