“We acknowledge the reality of death, the pain of our loss, and the inevitability of our own death. We give thanks for the life that was lived and shared with us. We give praise that the one we have loved is eternally safe in God’s love, which is also our own hope and security. We worship in the awareness that our gathering includes, invisibly, the whole communion of saints – that in Christ the circle is unbroken.” — From UM Book of Worship, pg.105-107
Planning a funeral or memorial service at Roswell United Methodist Church
The pastoral staff at Roswell United Methodist is available to assist you with pre-planning and during the difficult time of a loss. The information contained below is a guide to help through the logistics of the process. Feel free to contact the care office, 770.261.1767, email@example.com for more information on pre-planning.
Scheduling of Services:
Before setting a service time, it is critical that the church be notified to ensure the availability of the worship space of your choice and a clergy person.
- RUMC Members may schedule a funeral/memorial service based upon the availability of the Chapel or Sanctuary during the hours of Monday – Thursday from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m, Friday 10 am – 2 pm, and Saturday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Non-member services may be scheduled Monday – Thursday between the hours of 10 a.m. – 4 p.m, excluding holidays and pending facility availability.
- To schedule a service, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 770.261.1703.
Additional Services for RUMC Members:
A bulletin may be prepared using stock bulletin covers or a suitable photograph (at least 5×7) on the front cover. Additional family input may include scriptures, memorial information, or the orbituary.
A photo montage may be played during the service or visitation. It must be deliverd in a suitable format (powerpoint (.ppt) or movie (.mov) file). The montage needs to be given to RUMC at least 24 hours in advance to ensure its compatibility with our equipment.
Light refreshments will be provided. Additional food service may also be obtained for a nominal fee.
For RUMC members, there is no charge for use of the the facilities for member funerals or memorials.
Families often ask for guidance on suggested honorariums for the minister and/or musician(s). Suggested honorariums are $150 for the minister(s) and $100 for the musician(s).
For non-members, a fee of $500 will be charged, and this covers the minister, musician and building usage fee.
The minister assigned to the service will meet with the family to develop the order of worship and customize family requests into the service. The following suggestions are to help with the planning:
- Suggested Order of Worship: sample-order-of-worship
- Suggested Hymns: Memorial music list
- Suggested Scripture: funeral-scriptures list
- If family and friends will be speaking during the service, we recommend 1-2 people speak for a total of 3-5 minutes.
- You may bring your own musician and/or soloist, or we will offer you options from our music department.
You are encouraged to visit and interview facilities prior to your point of need so that you might consider the services that best meet your personal needs.
Roswell United Methodist Church Columbarium, click here.
Roswell Funeral Home/Greenlawn Cemetery and Mausoleum, 950 Mansell Rd. Roswell GA 30076, 770.993.4811, www.dignitymemorial.com/roswell-funeral-home
Northside Chapel Funeral Directors and Crematory, 12050 Crabapple Road, Roswell GA 30076, 770.645.1414, www.northsidechapel.com
Southcare Cremation and Funeral Society, 2260 Old Milton Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30009-2131, 678.735.5500, www.southcare.us
Mayes, Ward, Dobbins Funeral Home and Crematory, 180 Church St. NE, Marietta, GA 30060, 770.428.1511, www.mayeswarddobbins.com