Save the Date – October 9, 2017 for the 20th Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
Plan to join us on Monday, October 9, 2017 at Woodmont Golf & Country Club, Canton. This year, we have added two new sponsorship levels to honor our namesake and our 20th anniversary:
- Dr. Malone Dodson 80th Birthday Tribute – For $80, your name/company name will be listed on a special birthday card sign on display at the event in the clubhouse area (deadline for inclusion: 9/25/2017)
- 20th Anniversary Tribute – For $20, your name/company name will be listed on 20th Year Tribute signage on display at the event in the clubhouse area (deadline for inclusion: 9/25/2017)
We welcome you to become a sponsor, player, donor and/or volunteer.
The RUMC Foundation Celebrates the Addition of its Newest Endowments!
The Tatum Family Endowment in honor of James Roosevelt and Annie Mae Burt Tatum
This endowment was established in honor the beloved parents of Ivan B. Tatum. Ivan and Billie Jean Tatum, longtime RUMC members wanted to support RUMC and establish a legacy for the Tatum Family. This fund will support the Roswell United Methodist Church’s Worship Arts Ministry and the Help Fund. We thank the Mr. and Mrs. Tatum for the incredible support.
William W. and Hattie Lou Brewer Endowment
This endowment was established through the generosity of William W. and Hattie Lou Brewer, a longtime members of RUMC. This fund will support general purposes at Roswell United Methodist Church. We recognize Mr. and Mrs. Brewer for remembering the Foundation in their estate plan and appreciate their family’s support with establishing this endowment.
For a complete listing of the Foundation’s endowments and the purpose to be supported by their distributions, please click here.
Harry L. Hall Scholarship Will Announce Scholarship Recipients Soon
The Harry L. Hall Scholarship Fund was established in 2008. This fund was established to honor a man who was dedicated to education and active in the life of the church for years. His wife, Yvonne, established this endowment in his honor which has helped many RUMC members achieve their dream of higher education.
Application process closed May 1, 2017. To download a copy of the application, click here.
What does it feel like to leave a Christian legacy?
Bill Lewis and his son Jim recently sat down to talk about the legacy of Suzanne W. Lewis and what it means to the family that she has an endowment in her honor established with The RUMC Foundation.
Click here to watch their story – it is truly inspiring!
Honoring Christian Legacies…Become a Member of The 1836 Registry
The 1836 Registry recognizes and honors those who have chosen to make a legacy gift to Roswell United Methodist Church through The RUMC Foundation, Inc. Legacy gifts make a difference in perpetuity to the life and work of Roswell United Methodist Church because they establish new endowments or contribute to the growth of existing endowments. Learn more about The 1836 Registry….
Can You Make a Gift to the Church Tax-Free From Your IRA? YES!!!
In late 2015, legislation was passed that makes IRA charitable rollovers a permanent option for anyone who meets the following criteria:
– You must be 70 1/2 years or older at the time of your gift
– The transfer must go directly to the charity or charities (such as The RUMC Foundation, Inc.!) of your choice
– The total IRA gift amount cannot exceed $100,000
Such gifts are free from federal income tax each year and count toward IRA required minimum distribution amounts for the year of the gift. Please check with your IRA administrator or your tax advisor for more information.
Quarterly RUMC Foundation and Annual Endowment Reports Available Here
Giving to The RUMC Foundation, Inc.
Leave a Christian Legacy at RUMC
Donate Online Now!
Choose from 4 easy giving methods!
(simply check the Foundation box on the gift designation page)
3. Via PayPal (members, visitors and guests) Please click the button below.
4. Via Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) – please click here for information and form. (For any interested in making regular contributions to The Foundation – please write Foundation on the bottom of the EFT form)
The RUMC Foundation, Inc. at a Glance
The RUMC Foundation, Inc.
814 Mimosa Blvd.
Roswell, GA 30075
Kim Brammer, Executive Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook
“For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.”
– 1 Timothy 6:7